Friday, March 16, 2007

Day 8 Doing pretty good

HGB 9.5
WBC 160 up 80
PLT 21

My throat has been sore the biggest part of the day but currently it is like I can SWALLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pain is not there and I want to keep it that way. They said try no food just water for the next couple of days. They are also suspecting my WBC to take a big jump like possible 500. Once I get to 1,000 that should be the magic number for all the gastro intestinal pains and problems to go away. I won't be on a normal diet for several weeks to come they say and healing should occur PLUS I would be able to get out of here.
They are acting like the 20th! I will have my infusion port and Hickman catheter removed that morning of discharge. They will send me home with antibiotics for a couple of weeks to get rid of any lingering staph (I think came from the Hickman).

My weight is 247 and I suspect it will drop even more until I can get back to OUTBACK! For a juicy STEAK!

I'm going to lay down and take it easy. FELLING 70% better this evening!!!!

No comments: