Thursday, March 01, 2007

Day -7

Current
HGB 8.5
WBC 7420
PLT 250K

Chemo Normal
HGB 10.0+
WBC 3,000-11,000
PLT 150-450K

Goal for Discharge
WBC >1,000
ANC > 500 (Neutrophils)
NO FEVER

Feeling a little different today. Hard to explain but when you put your hand out in front of you and they shake, I have that a bit. My abdomen feels bloated and I've not had the energy like I had yesterday. I did get to walk on the treadmill a half mile and I may head back down there in a bit to get the other half in. They got my weight this morning and I gained three pounds which tells them I'm retaining fluids. So, I got Lasixs and you all know that makes you have to pee all the time. In addition, my HGB (Hemoglobin) was low so I got two units of blood. On top of the four bags of Chemo, Potassium, Sodium Chloride that also pumps 24/7.

Everyone here is very friendly and professional. Dr. Dean brought in the Pharmacology doctor to see what options I might have pre-medication (nausea) prior to me getting so sick that it may not work after the fact. So, they are going to try something before the new chemo that I get this Sat. They continue to say that I may be sick from the chemo-throwing up but I will be sickly after day -0- for about a week. Meaning: Lethargic, no energy, just not able to do much. They say the mouth thing is a big problem but I doing all I can to prevent mouth sores as they expect. So bad that I may be only able to have fluids.

Just finished dinner and I think I'm going to watch some TV and take it easy. My tech was scheduled for a big day of scans but the doctor rescheduled for next Thursday. This doctor is good at doing this, I just hope he doesn't do it next next Thursday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing fairly well so far! I am glad to hear you are being treated well at the Clinic.

Connor missed playing "Deal or No Deal" with you last night. He says that it is just not the same.

Hopefully you will feel well enough for visits on Sunday. Let us know if you want us to bring anything....sounds like they have plenty of food and drink for you!

Stay positive!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that positive attitude. Let me know if there is anything you need me to do for you.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi, I donnnnn't know whether you have received my other comments. Hang in there, they always say it gets worse before it gets better. I went to Ladies Fellowship last night and we prayed over a pray blanket for you. I am sure you would like to have it. I need to know how to get it to you. Let me know. Dave is keeping everyone updated on you. Blessings, Sue