Monday, February 12, 2007

Neupogen/low WBC and low Potassium

Well, I got to the clinic at 9:45 and didn't get called back till about 10:45. It was really busy today, I was told. Didn't like the nurse to well as she was not very informative with my questions. I was under the impression that my WBC need to be high because of the shots I'm getting and the results of the blood count showed my WBC at 1.o and low is 4.0. I've been a little light headed (nothing major) but she said it would have nothing to do with my WBC being so low. I was also needing potassium. Which took another 2 1/2 hours for that to run in as well.
I had to change my own dressing and flush my catheter and I was getting to the point wondering if I was going to ask her or not to inject my Neupogen. Overall, I was not impressed with her but I'm still very happy with the facility. I'm sure I'm in the right place for this treatment.

Pastor Dave called checking in with me and he told me they had 317 this past Sunday 307 the prior. I talked with Larry and he told me that they continue to lift me up in prayers and many people have asked how I was doing. I heard Sally really enjoyed the FOG and I thought she would and for John and Amy, I will keep praying that they find comfort at MCC. I talked to Barbara and she seemed well. My employee Brenda went out for her first scans today...I've not heard from her so I hope all went well. I called Dr. Crowder and told him what was going on with me and he stopped what he was doing and prayed with me on the phone. He said that he would do what he can to keep my employee busy and he schedule a 1/2 day of testing at his office. Thanks be to God. I won't ever forget what my dear friend Matt told me over breakfast that business was down for a reason and it could be that God is telling me that I have to take care of myself. God will increase my business when the time is right.

Katie has been struggling to get to the office and there was a problem with the fax machine. 80% of my accounts fax their request to me so it's not good to have a fax number busy since Thursday last week because AOL was left on! We unplugged it from the computer and all is well now. I pray that I'm not overwhelming her with all she has to do but I know she is getting stressed out and I'm trying not to get upset with her, but it's hard. I'm trying to show her how important it is to do a good job with everything she does. Giving her some sense of responsibility but I keep saying she may be to young.

I talked with the Social Worker today at the clinic and she said she could see a noticeable change in me. No so worried about things and she was happy to see that.

WEATHER ALERT: They are saying that by the snow stops on Wed. 7-14 inches for this area. I have to just take my time and get to the clinic the best I can. Driving will be tough but I will figure it out. Tune back in tomorrow for an update!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE BROTHER
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU WED.
MISS YOU WISS YOU WERE HERE!
LOVE SIS

Anonymous said...

We found your blog via Asher and Jacob and we wanted to let you know that we'll be thinking about you and praying for you every day!
Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog through Asher and ^Jacob^'s page. Wanted you to know someone in Georgia is praying for you. God Bless.

Debbie