Sunday, February 04, 2007

Getting Ready!

Well, my spirits are high. I'm in Akron, OH and made it up in about 5 1/2 hours. Said my goodbyes to my family (which was hard) but I'm concentrating on ME! I'm going to kick some butt on everything the doctors tell me to do. Getting my Hickman line put in tomorrow and I get to see Dr. Dean, my oncologist.

Keith and Cathy are great! They fixed their spare bedroom up for me and I know it was no easy task to move all the stuff they had, elsewhere. We have discussed my schedule a bit more and they will do whatever it takes to get me through this. I have all my clothes out of suitcases in easy access in the closet. There is no school tomorrow for Christi and Connor as the temp. is near -0-.

Finished Lance Armstrong's book on tape "Every Second Counts" and he is a great motivator and makes you look at things in a different light. I think the one thing I got that hit me hard regarding his cancer treatment was "Misery is a cure" One needs to think about that. He went on to talk about all the smells in the hospital that a cancer patient has to deal with that you will never forget. The bed sheets, the bad food, the night of no sleep. Interesting to say the least.

I will let you know how things go tomorrow. Nites!

No comments: