Saturday, February 10, 2007

Third Neupogen/Vancomycin/New Antibiotic

Doing really good today. Feeling almost normal now that I have that nasty Cipro out of my system. They switched me to Levaquin 500 mg. and it is ok on my system. Got up early today and the drive to Cleveland is nice on Sat. Morning. NO CARS! They hooked me up to the Vancomycin which runs in for about 1 hour and they follow it with normal saline for about another 1/2 hour. They drew blood and my WBC were 21.49 which is good to be high, they tell me. It shows that the Neupogen injections are doing what they are supposed to do. The normal range for WBC is Low 4.0 and High 11.0 Everything else was in the range of normal and the nurses said that is what they want. No temp, sleeping well and eating normally. Keith is such a great cook! Chef that is! I will miss his cooking when I go into the hospital and have to eat their food.

Thanks Virgil and Roberta! All is well on the home front. Love you guys too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dad! what up homes?
things are goin ok down here, amber came over last night with kristy also here and we watched silent hill. its actually a very creepy movie. and we also played card games and fixed our hair and did dishes until 5:30 in the morning. Going over to moms tonite to spend the night. glad they switched you off that other nasty crap. i bet that really sucked. things are going ok here. kristy is getting a little crazy, but that was to be expected. she already is crazy. but oh well. feel free to call me whenever. love you lots. let me know when you are coming back down. love ya.
kate.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know I am thinkinjg about and praying for you. Guess who came to church last Sunday. John, amy and Sally Sturgis. They are suppose to come back tomorrow. We are all thinking about you. Love, Sue Ann

Alan said...

WOW! I'm so happy that John, Amy and Sally made it to church! I was hopefully praying for them to show up. MCC has a lot to offer them. Thanks Sue Ann for keeping me in your prayers! I feel the prayers from church. Please tell the gang I'm thinking of them and overall doing pretty good. I'm hopeful to come home on the 21st for a few days prior to me being admitted. I won't make it to church as Keith is going to drive me back to Akron for my admission. No need for another car while I'm in the hospital and I won't be able to drive home anyway.

Katie, surely to God there weren't that many dishes that need to be washed that kept you up till 5:30 in the morning?? Be good for Nana and your Mom. No fighting with Oliver! Give McKenna and Mal a big kiss for me when you see them.

Love you guys!